Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Gentle Rebuff - aka Part 2


It might sound like I am trying to make up excuses and seem like less of a dork, but the truth is that this profile on LDSMingle had originally been my sister's account. She was done with it and during the boredom known as my freshman year at BYU I liked to participate in shallow activities; namely, checking out the hotties that lived nearby. I'm not proud of it, no, but there it is. I was seventeen, so allowances must be made.

At that point in time, I had already learned that I wasn't looking for any actual dates from this site (a story for another day). Therefore, when it was summer in Provo, I had just turned 20, and I saw that I had a message on the Mingle, there was no need for celebration.

A few details about the sender--
*28
*Divorced
*Lives in Australia
*Had the profile name of Irishdancer

No, thank you.

All these details led to the following response.

Thank you.

That's the best backhanded compliment I've gotten in a long time. I'm just glad I could bring you some entertainment.

Good luck with the nephews.


Now, I know, I didn't need to respond in the first place. It's an online dating site and the rules of dismissal have been blurred. Yet, he was fairly entertaining, so I chose to be amused. He took that as encouragement.

You're welcome.

Your introduction backhanded approximately 99.95% of the people on here so credit given where credit is die.

And it is a refreshing change to meet a woman who is realistic, smart and just a damn good upstanding person of the millenium, like myself.

I'm Michael, what's your name?

No comments:

Post a Comment