Thursday, March 24, 2011

One Man's Bitter Divorce

When I was in Spain I made a trip over to Phillip II's house. No big deal; I was just exploring El Escorial and all that good stuff. Don't I sound cool? While exploring the gift shop, which happened to be conveniently located right next to the mausoleum, I found this awesome map of the world to improve my sense geography. It looks a little something like this.

This is what I'll use for my evidence of sea monsters.

Now my one and only problem is that this bad boy is about 17 x 29. Not exactly the easiest size to find the perfect frame for. Luckily, I've been on a big thrifting kick with the sister lately, so as we were out hunting gently used deals last weekend, I found the most amazing of pictures.



Ever.



And it just happened to come with a great frame.

I guess it didn't work out...


That's right folks. I bought someone's wedding picture. But you might be saying that this isn't just any old wedding picture, and you'd be right. I was examining it trying to figure what exactly made this so special.
















Was it the dashing groom with his debonair smile and no-lens glasses?Or was it his lovely bride with turban and cowlick-pouf?

















Were the daisies what won me over? Maybe her amazing place-hand-through-elbow-but-still-lean-as-far-as-possible-away-from-new-spouse pose.


Perhaps I'll never know, but this gem is sticking with me.

2 comments:

  1. Miss Kincaid, will you marry me? And I do love the frame. Worth it no matter the cost.

    ReplyDelete